All our activities are run by volunteers, who might join us because they want to:
- Try something new
- Make friends
- Spend time with their children – or gain experience supporting young people
- Do something good for their community and themselves
- Keep their bodies and brains active and happy – whether that’s by scaling mountains, sharing skills or serving tea
All end up making a huge difference to young people’s lives – gifting them with skills for life, and learning a whole lot about themselves along the way.
Volunteering with young people
Team player? Love supporting young people? Great at planning?
Most of our volunteers work directly with young people aged 6-18 through our Kea, Cub, Scout and Venturer groups, known as sections – helping young people gain skills for life through activities and adventures.
Working in teams, you might:
- Welcome young people and families to sessions and events
- Make sure everyone’s safe, supported, included and having fun
- Help to plan and lead activities
- Get involved with days out, camps and expeditions
- Share and learn skills – from coding to cake decorating to canoeing
- Celebrate young people’s achievements big and small
No previous experience with young people? No problem. Whether you’d like to help out week-after-week or whenever-you-can, we provide training, learning opportunities and cups of tea – every step of the way.
So how does it work?
- Let us know your interested!
- Attend an information evening and choose what you would like to do
- Complete some training
- Complete a Police Vet
- Join a Group and give it a go
Want to get started? GET IN TOUCH!
Drop us an email or give us a call and we can answer any questions you have groupleader@CWParkScouts.org.nz or 0800 111 380 or 021 812 657